Submitted by Bruce in Forest Grove, OR
- 1 can (15 oz) each: Dark red kidney beans, Black beans, Red beans, Pinto beans, Great Northern beans, Chili beans
- 1 jar Newman’s Own Medium Salsa
- 1 baseball-sized onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced (adjust to taste)
- 1 1/2 oz chili powder
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Salt & pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef (supplement with venison, chicken, turkey, sliced brats, chunked steak as desired)
- Combine beans, salsa, and spices in large pot.
- Sautee onion & garlic; add to pot.
- Brown & drain ground beef; add to pot.
- Brown any supplemental meats and add to pot.
- Add one salsa jar of water.
- Stir to mix well, cover and heat over medium-low heat until bubbling, stirring often to avoid scorching the beans.
- Reduce heat to very low and allow to cook slowly for at least 45 minutes longer.
- Adjust seasoning and serve hot with fresh cornbread.