Submitted by Carole in Marinette, WI
To make venison Italian sausage
- 4 pounds ground venison
- 4 pounds ground pork
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons anise seed
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fennel seed
- Mix all together well. Make a small pattie and cook until done. Adjust spices to your liking.
To make the Pizza Bundles
- 1 pound venison Italian sausage
- 3 hoagie buns
- 6 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 3 slices onion
- 1/2 green peppers, cut into strips
- 1 - 6.5 ounce can mushrooms
- 4-5 thick cut mozzarella cheese slices
- Divide sausage into 3 equal parts. Shape each to fit hoagie bun. Fry or grill until done.
- Keep warm and set aside. Toast hoagie buns; either in a toaster or broil until golden brown.
- Place 1 tablespoon pizza sauce on top and bottom portion of hoagie bun.
- On top portion of hoagie bun, place onion slices, green pepper slices and mushrooms.
- On bottom portion of hoagie bun, place sausage patty and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place under broiler and broil until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Place top onto bottom and ENJOY! Or wrap in aluminum foil and place in 200F oven to keep warm until half-time.