Submitted by Keith in Grand Forks, ND
- 6 cups cubed, peeled potatoes
- 4 1/2 cups of water
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 to 4 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 oz.evaporated milk or 1 pt. half-and-half
- 3 tbl. chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a large slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Add a pork ham hock with first nine ingredients for added flavor.
- Cover and cook on high for 7 hrs.
- Mash lightly with potato masher.
- Add milk and parsley: mix.
- Cover and cook 30 to 60 min. longer.