Submitted by William in Oak Forest, IL
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 12 oz Dark Ale (such as Moose Drool)
- 1 tsp Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 16 oz. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 package (2.8 oz) bacon bits
- Salt and pepper
- Combine chicken broth, dark ale, hot sauce, potatoes, celery, carrots and onion in a large stock pot.
- Cook on medium heat for 25 to 30 minutes (until potatoes have cooked through).
- Reduce heat to low. Add the Velveeta, cream of chicken soup, and bacon bits.
- Cook another 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, green onion and bacon bits.