Submitted by Phil in Anoka, MN
- 4 pounds ground beef, browned and drained.
- 1 can tomato sauce (28 ounces)
- 1 small white onion, chopped into small pieces (sub frozen onions if necessary)
- 3 teaspoons salt (I use Sea Salt for flavor)
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 cup of water (or use beer, it tastes better)
- Keep flour handy, as you may have to use a couple of tablespoons if there is too much liquid in the crockpot.
- Brown meat in skillet with a small amount of vegetable oil. Drain grease off, and then add onions, then simmer for ten minutes.
- Add salt, chili powder, cayenne powder, and cumin powder, mix to disperse spices.
- Add tomato sauce and water if needed.
- Place in crockpot with crockpot bag inserted (no need to cleanup crockpot by soaking if you use on of these) and put on low for a couple of hours.
- Use a tablespoon of flour or two as necessary if a lot of liquid is in the chili.
- Serve, sprinkle with your favorite shredded cheese and saltine crackers.