Submitted by Eleanor in Sugar Grove, IL
- 1 thawed, 5-6 lb bone in turkey breast, rinsed
- 2 large onions finely minced
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2/3 c. catsup
- 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 t. Tabasco sauce
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 1 t. pepper
- 2 t. salt
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely minced
For the Coleslaw
- 1 pkg cole slaw
- 1 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 med. red onion finely chopped.
For the Dressing
- 3 T. sugar
- 3 T. cider vinegar
- 2 T. oil
- 1/2 t. each of salt and pepper. Whisk dressing and add to vegetables. Mix and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Combine sauce ingredients in large stock pot and simmer 15 min.
- Add turkey, simmer covered for 3 hrs. Rotate turkey as it simmers.
- Remove to pan and cool.
- When easy to handle pull off long shreds of the meat from bone. Add meat back to sauce and simmer over low heat 1-1/2 hrs—adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and Tabasco.
- Serve on french rolls with coleslaw.