Submitted by John in Portage, MI
- 1 Pillsbury pizza crust (or any other pizza dough in a can)
- 4-5 oz. olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite Wisconsin mustard, more or less according to taste.
- 1 can sauerkraut
- 2 brats
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or cheddar or a cup of each.
- Follow the instructions on dough container for dough preparation and oven temperature.
- Drain and rinse sauerkraut. Squeeze excess moisture from the sauerkraut and drain on paper towel.
- Remove the casing from the brats and cook in frying pan. Drain any grease and crumble.
- Whisk 2-3 tablespoons of mustard into 4-5 ounces of olive oil. Spread sauce over pizza crust.
- Add the brats, onion and the sauerkraut (according to your tolerance). A real Packer fan will add all of it.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Now that’s a brat pizza.