Submitted by Mike in Spring, TX
- 2 lbs. of lean ground beef
- 1 pound of lean round steak
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 can of Bush’s Chili Beans
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 regular can or 2 small cans of tomato sauce
- 2 cans of sliced stewed tomatoes
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 package of chili seasoning
- 1 16 oz bottle of beer (I use Heineken because of its richer flavor and because the bottle is green - GO PACK!)
- Any pepper from the pepper family depending on your heat tolerance. From bell peppers (mild) to habanero (OMG my mouth is on fire), chopped
- Cut up steak into bite size pieces and brown with ground beef, onions and garlic. Drain.
- Combine meat with remaining ingredients (don’t forget to sample another beer as you want to make sure it didn’t go bad) into a crock pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally. The longer the simmer time the more enhanced the flavor will be. Simmer at least an hour which helps to reduce the alcohol but keeps the beer flavor.