Submitted by Brett in Campton Hills, IL
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (3ish)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup shortening
- teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Grease and lightly flour two 9x1-1/2 inch round baking pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add bananas, buttermilk, shortening, and vanilla to mixing bowl.
- Beat with a mixer on low speed until combined.
- Add eggs; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes(ish).
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 or till a toothpick comes out clean. Cool thoroughly.
- Frost with desired frosting (best with cream cheese frosting). Makes 12 to 16 servings.