Submitted by Colleen in La Crosse, WI
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 pkg regular size marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 c rice krispies cereal
- Optional Ingredients: food coloring of choice to mix into the marshmallow mixture
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows, and food coloring then stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
- Repeat this recipe and process for each color you want to make.
- You can decorate with sprinkles if desired.