Submitted by Andrew in Portland, OR
- 1 lb cooked macaroni
- 1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1 quart milk
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 bunch green onions thinly sliced
- 4 cooked brats large dice
- 1 small yellow onion diced small
- 1 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- Brown brats in sauce pan with oil.
- Remove brats from pan and drain on paper towel.
- Add butter, and yellow onions to pan.
- Sweat onions until translucent.
- Add flour and whisk on medium low heat for 1 to 2 minutes, making sure not to allow flour to burn to bottom of pan.
- Slowly whisk in milk. Adjust to medium heat.
- Whisk in heavy cream and whisk until sauce begins to thicken and coats back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and whisk in 3/4 lb cheddar.
- Fold in macaroni, brats and green onions. Transfer to baking pan.
- Top with remaining Panko Bread Crumbs and remaining 1/4 lb cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees until golden brown.