Submitted by Brett in St. Paul, MN
- 1 package brats
- 1 package of Wisconsin brat buns (not hot dog buns)
- 1 lg onion of choice (better the onion the better the outcome)
- 3 cans Wisconsin beer of your choice (go cheap)
- Shredded sharp cheddar
- Pickle relish
- Ketchup and mustard
- Boil brats in beer and wedge of onion for approx 10 minutes.
- Remove brats let cool for a minute.
- Slice brats once down middle leaving a pocket.
- Place brat in bun, fill pocket will the amount of cheddar you desire.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and place on grill until bun is warm and cheese has melted.
- Garnish with pickle relish (cheese and relish create the green and gold presentation.
- Add ketchup, mustard, and chopped onion as desired. Go pack go!