Submitted by Dina in Georgetown, TX
- 5-6 cans of Miller Lite Beer poured into the pot
- 4 large onions sliced into rings
- 6 Tablespoons of butter (only fair weather fans use margarine)
- Fresh Garlic squeezed (4-5 cloves)
- 1-2 Teaspoon of Pepper depending on your taste
- 16-24 Brats
- Simmer the brats with the cover on a very low heat for approximately 4-6 hours.
- Take the cooked brats, onions and some of the beer juice to a container and refrigerate until you are ready to go to the game.
- Tailgating Time: Prepare your grill making sure charcoal is ready and the coals are ash color. Put brats and onions on the grill and constantly turn the brats while grilling until they are grilled to your taste.