Submitted by Patrice in St Paul, MN
- 3/4 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 white onion, grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 white bun or a small piece of bread, crumbed
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup potato, riced or mashed well
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix well all ingredients. Mixture will be quite moist. Form into 6 small patties and chill for 30 minutes.
- Melt a few tablespoons of butter and a bit of olive oil over medium high heat in large skillet. Pan fry patties in two batches, about 5 minutes each side or until done.
- To serve, butter and oven toast 6 small bakery buns. Melt a slice of Jarlsberg cheese over each pattie, if desired. Serve with pickled cucumbers, dill mustard or lingonberry ketchup.
- Combine 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill with 2 tablespoons prepared mustard. Set aside 15 - 30 minutes.
-Combine 3 tablespoons lingonberry preserves with 1 tablespoon ketchup. Can be served immediately, or chilled for several days.