Submitted by Mary in Peachtree City, GA
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch nutmeg
- 4 cups peeled, cubed apples
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x18 inch baking pan.
- In large mixer bowl beat eggs with oil until blended.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, baking soda and water; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; beat just until smooth.
- Fold in apples and nuts. (Dough will be stiff).
- Spread in pan and bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the hot cake with cinnamon/sugar mixture if desired.
- Enjoy! (16 servings; 330 calories each)