Submitted by Jacci in Springfield, TN
- 1 (7.5 ounce) package corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, un-drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch rubbed sage
- 2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cup sour cream
- 2 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
- .5 pounds bacon
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Prepare the cornbread mix according to package directions, stirring green chilies, cumin, oregano and sage into the finished batter. Spread into a greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top springs back when lightly pressed. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and ranch dressing mix. Set aside. Wrap bacon in paper towels, and cook in the microwave until crisp, about 45 seconds per slice. Crumble, and set aside.
- Crumble half of the cornbread into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour half of the beans over the crumbled bread, half of the mayonnaise mixture, half of the corn, tomatoes, peppers, green onion, bacon and cheese. Repeat the layers ending with cheese on top. The dish will be very full. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.