Submitted by Darren in Ohatchee, AL
- 20 frozen chicken wings, thawed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Enough vegetable oil for frying
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 2 dashes black pepper
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- Mix flour, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and cumin together in a large zip lock bag. Add chicken wings; shake to cover chicken with flour mixture. Refrigerate in bag for 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes, fry chicken wings in vegetable oil, browning on all sides. While cooking chicken wings, mix together; butter, hot sauce, black pepper, garlic powder. Cook over low heat until butter has melted. Set aside but keep warm until all chicken wings have been fried. Place cooked chicken wings in a large bowl and pour liquid mixture over wings. Toss wings until coated, serve with ranch dressing.
- This would also be great to cook ahead and take to the big game. After chicken wings are cooked and coated with butter sauce, place them in a foil bag. When you are ready for the tailgate party, place foil bag with chicken wings inside on a hot grill turning the bag over as it heats so you do not burn the wings.