Submitted by Joe in Madison, WI
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 4 oz cheddar (cubed or in chunks, NOT shredded)
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers (diced and seeded)
- 12 oz beer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine and stir the flour, sugar, cheddar, and jalapenos until well distributed.
- Add 12 ounces beer (different beers will yield different flavors, I recommend a porter or dark lager). Stir until blended.
- Pour bread batter into a pre-greased loaf pan, this will yield two loafs if using the aluminum tins.
- Place in oven for 40-45 minutes. Bread is done when it makes a thumping sound.
- GO PACK GO!