Submitted by Jeff in Carleton Place, Ontario
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 3 large jalapenos
- 1.5 large green peppers
- 1.5 large spanish onions
- 3 cups of mini portabello mushrooms
- 10 roma tomatoes
- 1 can of red beans
- 2 can of black beans
- 1 can of mexican red beans
- 2 pounds of ground beef, turkey or pork
- Cut out the stem of the tomatoes and blanch to remove skins.
- Stew tomatoes in 1/2 cup of water and salt & pepper, stir and mash as they soften.
- Fry the bacon in the bottom of the pot until slightly browned.
- Add onions (chopped), garlic (crushed) and jalapenos (chopped finely).
- Fry and stir until onions are clear while frying ground beef in seperate pan until brown.
- Add ground beef, tomatoes (including liquids), and entire cans of beans (including liquids).
- Add chili powder to taste (start with about one tablespoon and go from there) and two bay leafs. Allow to simmer for approx. 2 hours.
- Grate some Wisconsin sharp, old or smoked cheddar over the top once in a bowl.
- Enjoy while taking in another Packers win!