Submitted by Jim in Groveport, OH
- 6 quarts of popped corn (or the puffed/hulless stuff
- 2 sticks butter (margarine works)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 drops vanilla
- Stir and bring above to a boil (not the corn of course).
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in 1 teaspoon baking soda (that’s right, soda NOT powder).
- Mix thoroughly with popped corn.
- Spread over 2 large greased cookie sheets (butter or margarine works best).
- Bake for 2 hours at 200 degrees, stirring every 20 minutes or so.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets onto wax paper until cool.